We at Nirma University are proud of our Alumni and the difference they have made to the world around them. Their contributions have been acknowledged by organizations and institutions as they have marched ahead creating value and opportunities on the way. With more than 2000 members joining the group every year, the alumni network with about 15000 members currently is growing stronger year on year.
The Alumni Committees of the constituent institutes of the University organize regular annual alumni meets providing a platform for meaningful interactions, thoughtful endeavours and relationship building. The Alumni are regularly updated about the Institutes activities through their respective alumni associations.
The Alumni contribute immensely to the development of the student community through regular interactions through lecture series, mock interviews, soft skill interventions and provide a very useful Industry interface. This serves as a forum for exchange and sharing practical functional expertise between business leaders and the future managers.
It was a dream that the President of our University Dr Karsanbhai K. Patel harboured, for the University to have a seamless bond with Alumni and inculcating their expertise in the over-all management of the University.
To make this dream a reality the University initiated “Nirma University Alumni Forum“. The University constituted ‘Nirma University Alumni Forum’ with the objective to foster continuous engagement of the alumni with their Alma Mater and draw their expert knowledge in the relevant fields to further enhance, strengthen and reinforce the over-all quality of the constituent Institute of the University.
The following has been achieved till date by the Forum:
- Structure of the Forum:
- The first meeting of the Board of Directors of Nirma University Alumni Forum was held on January 23, 2016..
- The first meeting of the Executive Committee of Nirma University Alumni Forum was held April 23, 2016.
- An alumni portal named “Alma Connect” is made available as part of our efforts to bridge the gap between the University, faculties, students and other alumni.
- The University’s E-Newsletter “Nirma University : Setu”.
- The University has also involved alumni in important decision making processes and the academic activities of each of it’s constituent Institutes, by inviting them to be part of the Board of Studies / Academic Area committees and Joint Board of Studies.
- Nirma University Alumni Forum intends to start chapters in cities like Bangalore, Delhi and Mumbai. Where there is dense alumni population, later based on the success of our initiative we will open chapters in other cities